Monday, July 11, 2011

Late Night Ramblings 7/12/11

I’m likely to do a few of these, as I don’t have any particular topic in mind when I find myself in one of my sleepless fits, so I figured I’d date them… just for the hell of it.

Random thoughts running through my head at the moment:

A) I wonder how long it would take to build a new Tech discipline villain with acrobatics in DCUO with Lex Luthor as the mentor… I’ve already got every other power, discipline, and weapon type done. That’s the last of it to earn the last trophy.  Kind of pointless really, as I do want to stop playing the game for some time so I can claim my life back.  I don’t know if I’d say I have an addictive personality, more of an obsessive one.  I feel like I’m wasting money if I have the subscription and don’t use it, so somehow, everything else gets put on the back burner… although now that Kat is into the game, I don’t feel so bad, since I can do stuff, and she can use it.  Although this might cause some problems when the subscription ends, and don’t want to renew it for a bit...

B) I know why bugs fly into houses and pester people.  We’re an easy source of food, whether it’s the garbage we throw out, the food we leave sitting out, or hell, our own bodies that provide them nourishment.  What I don’t get though is why after all the generations that have existed for any one species, how they haven’t learned that to be seen by humans is death.  They just fly around out in the open, annoying people to the point that they must be squished.  I guess when you can reproduce at the pace at which most bugs and insects can, it doesn’t really matter to have survival instincts.  Of course, I’m speaking more of country bugs.  Everyone who has lived in big cities has seen a swarm of roaches run for cover when the lights go on at least once in their lives.  Maybe not in your own home, but maybe a friend.  On a related note… I think I’ve killed about 20 of them since I started typing this.  They just keep hopping around the desk lamp…  I think they’re trying to play chicken…

C) It’s now mid-July, and I have still not been able to really enjoy any air conditioning.  Why, you may ask?  Because I’m pretty sure the damn thing is busted.  Whenever I turn it on, it’s lukewarm air, no matter what setting it’s on.  This normally wouldn’t be a problem, because normally, it could just be replaced, but 1) it’s not a window unit, and 2) even if we could just replace it ourselves, we’re not allowed to because it’s funded by the Japanese government, so we have to wait while they send someone over, and speed is not their forte.  Guess I’ll have to tough this summer out with my fan.

D) I miss my mom’s fried rice.  There’s not much else to say about this topic.

E) I’m beginning to notice that my back only hurts whenever someone tells me to fix my posture.  Prior to that, I feel fine, but I guess I just look horrible hunched over the way I normally do.  I admit, when I look in a mirror, I do look a bit unpleasant without having a straight back, but I don’t feel any pain or anything.  I only feel it when I try to conform to normal posture, and either I’m overcompensating, or my back is that misshapen.  Either way, it’s always a difficult adjustment period.  Sadly, I seem to always fall back into my “normal” posture, which sets people off again. 

F) I’ve basically come to the end of this rant, and I always find it oddly relieving to just spill everything onto this blog.  No matter how wired I am when I’m up, can’t sleep, and writing this, as soon as all the thoughts in my head are exhausted, then I get tired enough to actually fall asleep.  Guess it really is just my brain being overactive.  I used to think it was just being over-caffeinated, but I guess not.  Anyway… night all. (And for those of you wondering why I’m saying night… please remember the time difference. Smile with tongue out)

No comments:

Post a Comment